Processing Your Suri and Huacaya Alpaca Fiber Into Yarn and Finished Products
Based on weight of fiber in one lot. Minimum processing weight is 3lbs.
Effective February 2018
- Sorting, Grading, Washing and Picking
- Based on incoming weight. We wash all fiber and reserve the right to remove vegetable matter, second cuts and guard hair as necessary prior to washing.
- Huacaya – $10/lb.
Suri – $12/lb
- Carding to roving or batts
- Based on picked weight
- Suri & Huacaya – $15/lb.
- Pencil roving: +$4/lb.
- 4-ply sport and 3-ply fingering: +$3/lb.
- Carding, Spinning, Plying, and Skeining to Yarn
- Based on picked weight. Plying is 2-ply standard. Skeining is by yardage or weight as requested. Lace, Fingering, Sport, DK and Worsted weights available.
- Suri & Huacaya – $32 per lb..
- 4-ply sport, 3-ply fingering & lace weight: $3.00/lb.
- Cones: $1.50 each
- Single Lot
- Minimum charge starts at 3lbs., regardless of weight.
- $27.50/lb. for fleece
$30/lb. for handpaints
- Please add 3 weeks for delivery. For fiber we process to roving or yarn, choose from a variety of colors using wash-fast acid dyes.
- Specialty Yarns
- Fiber blending, tweeds and novelty yarns + add in material cost + 15%
- Sock yarn (for further manufacturing) $3.00/lb. + add in material cost
- Rug yarn w/cotton core $18.00/lb.
- Pre-felts (100% alpaca)
- Combining felt and silk: $35/lb. + cost of silk
- Any order of 20lbs.+ incoming weight will be shipped back at no charge (via UPS Ground).
- Save shipping. Drop your fleece off at the mill, or shows we attend (check our Facebook page or call for info).
- Original patterns for alpaca, retail or wholesale.
- Call for pricing
- Want us to do it all?
Hand sorting required?
Longer than 6” staple?
We’ll do it all for an additional $25 per pound.