Processing Your Suri and Huacaya Alpaca Fiber Into Yarn and Finished Products
Based on weight of fiber in one lot. Minimum processing charge is $150.
Effective June 2020
- Sorting, Grading, Washing, Picking, and Separating
- Based on incoming weight.
- We reserve the right to refuse any fiber for excessive vegetable matter. We will remove vegetable matter, second cuts, and guard hair as necessary prior to washing.
- We include two washes for all fiber.
- Huacaya – $10/lb.
- Suri – $12/lb
- Additional Wash – $4/lb
- Carding to roving or batts
- Based on picked weight
- Suri & Huacaya – $15/lb.
- Pencil roving: +$4/lb.
- Carding, Spinning, Plying, and Skeining to Yarn
- Based on picked weight.
- Yarn is 2-ply sport weight standard.
- Lace, Fingering, Sport, DK and Worsted weights available.
- Suri & Huacaya – $32 per lb.
- 4-ply sport, 3-ply fingering & lace weight: $4.00/lb.
- Cones: $1.50 each
- Single Lot
- Minimum Charge is $150 regardless of weight.
- Dye Fleece $30/lb.
- Handpaint Yarn $32/lb.
- Please add 3 weeks for delivery. For fiber we process to roving or yarn, choose from a variety of colors using wash-fast acid dyes.
- Specialty Yarns
- Add $4/lb.
- Fiber blending, tweeds and novelty yarns + add in material cost + 15%
- Sock yarn (for further manufacturing) $3.00/lb. + add in material cost
- Rug yarn w/cotton core $18.00/lb.
- Pre-felts (100% alpaca)
- Combining felt and silk: $35/lb. + cost of silk
- Any order of 20lbs.+ incoming weight will be shipped back at no charge (via UPS Ground).
- Save shipping. Drop your fleece off at the mill, or shows we attend (check our Facebook page or call for info).
- Original patterns for alpaca, retail or wholesale.
- Call for pricing
- Want us to do it all?
Hand sorting required?
Longer than 6” staple?
We’ll do it all for an additional $30 per pound.